Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The importance of writing drafts and editing and crap, part uno

My wife is a professional writer.  Well, she's not, but she could be because she's really good.  

Anyway, tonight we discussed my previous blog and how I could have improved it.  We talked mostly about writing more actively and using drafts.  

I don't like drafts.  I'm lazy and impatient and want to put it out there NOW!  I know how beneficial they are, especially for me because I tend to write in a stream-of-conscious style.  I could use some focus, you know?  (Oo! A birdie!)

I also use "to be" in all it's vile, evil forms way too much.  I'm quite good at fixing something passive if I read it (or used to be) so I should do that with my own writing (you know, like do a draft or two before publishing). 

So, I have come up with an experiment: I'm publishing this unedited.  I'll sleep in it, then tomorrow will read it again with fresh eyes and re-submit it for your viewing pleasure.

For now, adieu!

No comments: