Friday, November 14, 2008

Let the Bidding Begin!

Free agency in Major League Baseball begins today. As exciting as that usually is for us in Boston, I'm actually pretty scared this year. The Sox don't really have a lot of room to make a splash with a huge signing. I mean, they could use a starting pitcher, sure, but they don't need a number one starter. All they need is a 2, 3, or 4 starter. Those aren't expensive nor dramatic so, blah.

There is talk about signing Mark Texiera. The only way that happens is if they trade Lowell or Youk.  I don't see Youk going anywhere, especially after the great season he had last year so that means Lowell would be headed out.  I don't think there is a large market for an aging third-baseman with a bad hip, so who knows what they might get for him.

I guess we are just going to have to wait and see.

No comments: