Wednesday, November 12, 2008

From the Crater that was Urinetown

So, Urinetown is over. Hmmm. It's a strange feeling doing a musical with all its time and emotional commitments just to have it be done one day. It's somewhere between that feeling you get on the last day of school and the feeling you get after you graduate from high school. Obviously it's not as emotional as graduation where you are potentially seeing people who you've known for the vast majority of your life for the last time.  It's in the same sense, though. As a cast, you all invest a great deal of yourselves into a show and at the end there is a great deal of bonding that's occurred so it's scary to think this is the last time you might see these people.

Especially for me because it's been a long time since I've done a show of any kind so my frame of reference makes me feel like I won't see these people around much. Unless I put the effort in, that is, which I am absolutely terrible about doing. 

That's not to say I don't intend to continue this whole theater thing, though. I remember saying after the opening of Once Upon a Mattress that I wanted to do this for a living. I love it and have missed it.  I'm so happy Eric put his foot into my back and finally got me out there to do it. I've been bitten again and can't wait to get back out there.

No comments: