Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Never-Ending Story

I went to Holiday Pizza to get dinner tonight.  As you may or may not know, Holiday is about 4 buildings down from where I live so I just stepped out the door and walked there to order my amazing turkey grinder.  

After I ordered I jaunted a little further into downtown to the Cumby's at the common and picked up a drink, some newspaper to catch up on "current" events and wrap Christmas presents (economic crisis), and a package of toilet paper.  As I was walking around I realized how much I loved the weather.  It was cool, but not uncomfortably so.  The atmosphere was a little moist, but not like misty or rainy.  I couldn't see the stars, but that isn't a big deal to me; seeing them less would make seeing them more important. I wanted nothing more than to find a friend and go for a walk but my desire to eat and my unyielding laziness prevented that from happening.

Hmmmm, damp, cool, cloudy.  Where is that like?

No comments: